Emersons Green Town Council is the local council responsible for Lyde Green, Badminton, Blackhorse, Emersons Green & Pomphrey. The Town Council is made up of 16 Councillors from the area who meet on a monthly basis with additional meetings for Finance, Planning and Open Spaces & Allotments. They are supported by a clerk and a couple of assistants.
Most meetings are open to the public, although it's recommended that you contact them beforehand if you plan to attend, particularly if you would like to speak.
Local councils can help with a number of local issues, although this is dependent on the council. For example:
- Allotments - The Town Council also manages almost 90 allotments off Dibden Lane.
- Open Space - Including the protection of Emersons Green Common, Muddy Lane, Windsor Place, Vinney Green and Rodway Hill Common
- Public Clocks
- Bus Shelters
- Community Centres
- Play Areas and Equipment
- Grants for Local Organisations
- Neighbourhood Planning Consultations
The council also have representatives on various external bodies including:
- Emersons Green Library Users Group
- Safer, Stronger Community Groups
- The Avon Local Councils Association
- The Town & Parish Councils Forum
Supporting Local Organisations
Each year, the council make a sum of money available to support local groups and clubs. The Council considers applications throughout the year to organisations that can prove their activities are attended and support residents in our area.
For more information and to get in touch with the Council, visit https://www.emersonsgreen-tc.gov.uk